Assignment: Central African Republic

I'm done with my studies in Texas and back in the North for a few months. Here's an update:

New Assignment: Central African Republic




God has guided me through the process of deciding where to serve and  has led me to the Central African Republic (CAR). CAR is a country that’s about the size of Texas in the heart of Africa. I’ll be living in the capital, Bangui, working closely with the national translation organization that’s one of Wycliffe’s strategic partners. As I start out, I’ll serve by helping with linguistic analysis which lays the foundation for Bible translation projects.


One thing that has drawn me to the central part of Africa is the great need there. CAR has around 72 languages and around 53 of those have no Scripture at all.

Don't know a lot about CAR? Here's a video that will give you an intro to the country:

CAR Quick Facts:
Population: 5,000,000
Capital: Bangui
Number of Languages: 72
Number of Languages without scripture: 53
National Languages: French, Sango
Literacy Rate: 36%

Resources for praying for CAR:
Prayercast
Operation World
Wycliffe.net

Timeline

I'll be in Fargo, ND for the next few months, working on what needs to be completed in order to leave for the field. Here's a tentative timeline for what's next:

  • September 2017-January 2018: Living in Fargo, working on applications for French school, applying for a visa, and working on getting my Wycliffe budget to 100%
  • January-July 2018: Move to Neuchatel, Switzerland to attend advanced courses at a French school
  • August 2018: Move to Cameroon (country neighboring CAR) to attend an orientation for life in Africa
  • Fall 2018: Move to Bangui, Central African Republic


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dallas Bound

What does it mean to have the Son?